All My Dreams are Coming True
There are a lot of people (all named Christine J. Koester) who get pretty jealous when I mention that I’m (seemingly) on a path toward working for a professional sports team or will probably/hopefully be involved in some sort of sports video capacity.
I just emailed the lady who (inexplicably) still wanted me to intern with her baseball team (which shan’t be named here for same reason I didn’t write a blog yesterday about how a little part of my soul turns black and crumbles away every time I have to go teach that child English. Because sometimes people read this thing.) despite the fact I show up like half-way through the summer, and she emailed me back quickly. I already know that I’m gonna score some amazing swag with this internship.
I’ve already done some pretty cool things with professional sports teams:
- played on the Chicago Fire’s field (it is wide. Wide = more running. Avoid this.)
- been allowed access onto the Patriots/Revolution field to interview coaches (passed ball back to player. Was yelled at.)
- been in the LA Kings locker room (Supes awk. Avoided eye contact with naked athletes. In retrospect…mistake.)
- attended a Bruins free skate with the announcers and sideline reporter
- worn a NESN Stanley Cup ring
- met Bobby Valentine (While doing manual labor)
- been kind of flirted with by an NHL All-Star
There’s more neat stuff, but the point of this was not to brag about things I HAVE done/ HAVE received, it’s to brag about things I WILL do/WILL receive. Excerpt from my soon-to-be-boss’s email:
I just need to know your polo size - S, M, L or XL (unisex sizing)
AWW, YEAH. SHIT IS GETTING REAL. UNISEX POLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at me now, mom! Lynnedy is hitting the big time.